Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Not finding quality results? Try these tips!
- Be encouraged by the knowledge that research is not a linear process and often takes multiple searches before you find what you need.
- Try different keywords. Search for synonyms of your original keywords.
- Use quotation marks (") to find results described by exact phrases.
- Not finding enough results? Broaden your search.
- Finding too many results? Narrow your search.
- Don't include "stop words" in your search. Stop words are words such as a, an, as, at, in, is, on, that, the, and which.
- Try your search in a different database.
Where to Start Searching
Gale Virtual Reference Library
A database of encyclopedias and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research. These reference materials once were accessible only in the library, but now you can access them online from the library or remotely 24/7.
Academic Search Elite
Academic Search Elite contains full-text articles for more than 2,100 journals, Nearly 150 journals have PDF images dating back to 1985.
A-Z database list
A-Z Database List
Here is a list of all of the research databases you can use to find articles, images, videos and other information. The list can be sorted by topic, alphabetically or by vendor.
- Limit your search by date, language, subject, or source type.
- Email the article to yourself to refer to later.
- Use the citation tools! This is an easy way to get your works cited citations.
Using databases from off campus
You can use any of our databases from off campus if you have the correct user name and password for access. We may not post these publicly, so they reside on a Google Site page that requires your JBS email login for access.
Click HERE to see a clickable list of databases along with their user names and passwords.