Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
We suggest you start searching for images and information using the library databases listed below. These databases will provide creditable information about the artist and their work.
- ArtStor: Best used for finding images
- Grove Dictionary of Art/ Oxford Art Online: Useful for both image and article searching
- Credo: Best used for finding articles
Database Search Tips
- Decide in advance if you are searching for images, articles, or both
- Use the basic search for a general search
- Use the advance search option if you want to be more specific
- Try searching "self-portrait" if you are unsure what artist you want to focus on
- Remember to access databases off campus, you'll have to use the remote access passwords
Using databases from off campus
You can use any of our databases from off campus if you have the correct user name and password for access. We may not post these publicly, so they reside on a Google Site page that requires your JBS email login for access.
Click HERE to see a clickable list of databases along with their user names and passwords.