Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
LibGuides adjust to the size of your screen (responsive). The guide column order shown on a mobile device will be left column, center column, and right column.
- Gather your LibGuide content
- Consider adding videos, graphics, and library books
- Add instructions along with resources
- Create your LibGuide
- Set up the pages in order of use
- Consider numbering the pages
- Design your LibGuide
- Think about the flow and how students will use the guide
- Use consistent fonts, text sizes, and designs
- Add pictures and graphics to catch students' attention
- Know about the F-shaped pattern for reading websites.
- Check for broken links
- Page titles are limited to four words or less
- Limit lists to 10 items or less
- Keep scrolling to a minimum
- Give your guide a friendly URL
- Update information ona regular basis
- Create a profile and add it to the Home page